Friday, April 17, 2020

Final Blog: Second Project

At this time when my group members and I became more comfortable with the filming process, it was time to jump into our next project. This project was a music video. For this project, each group got to choose any song they wanted as long as it was school appropriate. This granted us creative control. So, we were quite pleased and enthusiastic about the journey. The song my group members and I chose was, Catch Me Outside by Florida native rapper, Ski Mask The Slump God. The planning process for this project was a breeze. Due to the song's fun, hype and jumpy beat and flow my group members and I decided to make the music video a fun "Girls night out" type of theme. However, that's not all. We also revealed at the end that it was all a dream that everyone was having at the same time. We shot the video at the Sawgrass Mills Mall during the night. A few of the scenes were shot at one of my group members' houses. Everyone in the group was an actor in the video and a director. When filming this video, not everything ran quite smoothly. For instance, not every store in the mall allowed us to film. Regardless, we worked around our shortcomings and were able to produce an amazing music video. During the filming process, we truly enjoyed ourselves and had extremely high hopes for the outcome of the music video.  After Lauren finished editing the music video, the rest of my group members and I were amazed at how good it came out. In the end, we were very pleased with the project and couldn't wait to begin the next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audiences and Institutions Essay

6. To what extent is digital distribution vital to the media area you have studied In a world where different technological innovations ...