Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming Blog #1

Over the weekend, unlike many groups, we did not begin the filming process. During that weekend there was a lot going on. These different factors had impacted our ability to film. The biggest one is that one of our group members was out of town. Another factor is that another one of our group members recently injured her ankle and is now on crutches. This was a problem because our music video requires dancing and she couldn’t dance with crutches on. Another one was that it was my Dad’s 50th birthday and I didn’t want to miss it. Finally on Sunday I had church and I couldn’t have missed it. All of these factors that took course over the weekend prevented us from filming over the weekend. However, they didn’t stop us from planning.

This free time gave us a chance to individually plan and assert ourselves. I personally took the time out around my schedule to plan out specifically what I was going to wear for the music video. I planned out my outfits and saw if they fit the theme. I also looked up what the artist of the song wears. This artist, Ski Mask the Slump God, is known to dress well and trendy no matter the occasion. Since he made the song and starred in the music video for it I thought that he would be a great example. The only thing that didn’t make him a perfect example it that he wasn’t a female, but I knew what to look for based off of his style. If I didn’t have any clothes that didn’t fit the theme then I would go out and buy them somewhere nearby. Another thing that I could do if u didn’t have these clothes is by them at the mall, since we’ll be going there anyway, and make it apart of the music video. This was very helpful and a great use of my time, as opposed to just completely ignoring this project.

To add on, another thing that I thought about during this time was looking up how to do the editing and special techniques for this music video. These include the melting words, the light highlighting, and the split screen. For the melting words and the light highlighting I searched how to do it on Google. Google then led me to YouTube where I was shown detailed videos on how to do them. The split screen was taught to my group members and I by our teachers, but I needed a refresher on how to do it. The melting words will be done using Adobe Photoshop. The light highlighting will be done using Pinnacle Studios. The split screen will be done using Pinnacle Studios as well. I also took it upon myself to look at tips and a tutorial from the director of the actual music video, Cole Bennet. These video tutorials and tips put an end to my ignorance and made me excited for the editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audiences and Institutions Essay

6. To what extent is digital distribution vital to the media area you have studied In a world where different technological innovations ...